Thursday, October 25, 2012

Well here we are on the third day of work on one of the masks.

The first day was cutting the cardboard and tapeing it into a basic shape. (Iforgot to take pictures)

Day two was putting on the first layer of paper mache, I used flour and water for the paste and recycled some newspaper. (no pictures again, sorry)

As I said here we are on day three and I remember the picture. Before I put on the second coat of paper mache I wadded up pieces of paper and soaked them in the paste and used it to give some shape around the month, eyes and put on a nose. for  the second coat of paper mache I used the same paste I had made the day before ( it will last about 3 days if you store it in a seal container) and some unprinted newspaper. (nope I don't know where I got it or when it was just there)

I will do my best to remember the pictures for the next step I will be adding some more detail to the face with more wadded up paper and giving it the last coat of paper strips and paste it will then get a layer of paper mache clay.

Until next time, remember to keep having fun with art.

No comments:

Post a Comment