Saturday, October 27, 2012

Now on Day 5
just a little note: when I say day 5 that's the  fifth day that I have worked on the this project. I don't count the days I don't work on something that way you have an idea how long it takes to make it.

What you see in the picture above is all the ingredients for making the paper mache clay
1 roll of TP  (in this case cheaper is better the cheap stuff falls apart easier) also I used a single roll
                      if you use a bigger roll you may need to adust your other ingredients a little.
1 cup of joint compound
1 cup of white glue  (I used Elmers this time most all purpose glue will work)
3/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of linseed oil 
To make the paper mache clay
1st soak the TP in hot water until it cools and squeeze out all the excess water, then tear it into pieces about 1"x1" add the joint compound, the glue, flour and linseed oil. Knead it until it is about the consistency of cookie dough.
Your paper mache clay is now ready to use, you have about 2 hours  before it starts to get too dry to work with.
Here is the mask after I put the first coat of paper mache clay on. As you can see I added a little more detail. This will need to dry for two days. I will then add a second coat of clay and fine tune some of the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment